Medical Treatment Form
Endocrinology and Metabolism
Introduction of department
- The department of Endocrinology and Metabolism supports patients with quick recovery and complication prevention through accurate diagnosis and treatment of metabolic diseases such as diabetes, dyslipidemia, thyroid diseases, osteoporosis, and disorders of the pituitary gland and adrenal gland, which are caused by abnormal hormone secretion. We are doing our best to improve their quality of life.
- Diabetes and metabolic diseases: Diabetes is a disease in which blood sugar (glucose) rises due to the abnormal function of insulin, and is a chronic disease that causes various types of complications, such as stroke, myocardial infarction, retinal disease, nephropathy, and neuropathy. The Endocrine and Metabolism Center has the best facilities and medical staff in the region to diagnose and treat diabetes and manage complications. In addition, our hospital provides a wide range of medical treatments to treat metabolic diseases such as obesity, metabolic syndrome, dyslipidemia and fatty liver, which are associated with diabetes or alone as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Thyroid disease
- The thyroid gland is an organ located in the anterior neck and regulates the body's metabolic processes such as weight, heartbeat, and temperature control by secreting thyroid hormones. When hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, or postpartum thyroiditis occurs, various abnormal symptoms may appear due to metabolic abnormalities. The Endocrine and Metabolism Center provides drugs and radioisotope treatment to treat thyroid dysfunction. Besides, excellent medical staff currently perform ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration for thyroid nodules to accurately diagnose thyroid cancer.
- Osteoporosis and abnormal bone metabolism
- Osteoporosis is a disease that can cause fractures even by small impacts as the bones get weak due to the decrease in the amount and quality of the bones. In addition to osteoporosis due to menopause and aging, the Endocrine Center treats menopausal osteoporosis, steroid-induced osteoporosis, bone diseases caused by parathyroid abnormalities, malignant tumors, or bone metabolic disorders related to anticancer drugs.
- Pituitary gland disorder
- The pituitary gland is a small organ in the brain that controls hormones' secretion in the body. Hormone-secreting tumors in the pituitary gland can cause acromegaly, prolactinoma and Cushing's disease, depending on the type of hormone secreted. Besides, non-functional tumors can cause headaches, visual disturbances, and hormone deficiency. The Endocrine Center provides diagnostic approaches, including various stimulation tests and suppression tests and manages patients with pituitary gland disorders.
- Adrenal gland disorder
- The adrenal glands are the organs that produce hormones that help regulate your metabolism, immune system, blood pressure, response to stress and other essential functions, which are located on top of both kidneys. Excessive secretion of adrenal hormones can cause pheochromocytoma, primary aldosteronism and Cushing's syndrome. Particularly in cases of uncontrolled high blood pressure, such as hypertension in young people, tests for endocrine hypertension disease caused by the diseases above are necessary. In addition, our center treats steroid-induced adrenal insufficiency and adrenal incidental tumors (tumors accidentally found in CT, PET tests, etc.).
|Faculty name||Field of treatment||Remarks|
|Lee, Inkyu||Diabetes, osteoporosis, pituitary and adrenal diseases and other endocrine diseases|
|Chun, Jaehwan||Diabetes, thyroid disease, osteoporosis, adrenal disease, other endocrine diseases, obesity clinic, pituitary gland clinic|
|Choi, Yeonkyung||Diabetes, thyroid disease, osteoporosis, adrenal disease, other endocrine diseases, obesity clinic, pituitary gland clinic|
|Kim, Minji||Diabetes, thyroid disease, osteoporosis, adrenal disease, other endocrine diseases, obesity metabolism clinic, pituitary gland clinic|