Medical Treatment Form
Colorectal Cancer Center
Introduction of department
- The colorectal cancer center provides the best medical treatment in consideration of physical and mental pain through a close collaboration system with 20 experts for single disease treatment. Also, we organize major academic seminars at home and abroad every year to share the latest advanced medical and medical information with leading overseas medical staff. The center is equipped with advanced l aparoscopic surgery equipment and a robotic operating room dedicated to Da Vinci. It is composed of medical staff with the best surgical technology that successfully performs a nal conservation surgery over 99% of more than 700 surgeries a year. Besides, the Department of Gastroenterology performs 2,700 colonoscopy, 750 colon pylorectomy, and 85 digestive tract stents per year.
- Robotic surgery
- Robotic surgery has the advantage of laparoscopic small scars and rapid recovery and securing a good surgical field of view, enabling laparoscopic surgery or surgery on areas that are difficult to access with the surgeon's hand through a freely moving robotic arm, and enhancing the precision of surgery. Currently, the Colorectal Cancer Center is the host organization of the Asian Robotic Colorectal Cancer Surgery Society. It has been invited to Europe and the United States beyond Asia to teach robotic surgery methods and present guidelines for robotic surgery.
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery has a smaller incision than open surgery, so the surgical wound l ooks good, and the pain caused by the wound is small, and the recovery speed is fast. This center is leading laparoscopic surgery and various research achievements and new knowledge in related fields.
- Integrated treatment system
- Medical staff from multiple departments gather in one place to provide customized treatment for one patient. As doctors from five departments such as Surgery, Oncology, Radiology, Radiation Oncology, and Gastroenterology gather to treat one patient simultaneously to shorten the treatment period from 1 to 2 weeks to a single day, providing accurate treatment in a short time.
- International activities
- Holds Kyungpook National University Chilgok Hospital & Tokyo University Hospital symposium. Held the 1st and 2nd Asian Robotic Colon Cancer Surgery Symposium (ARCCS). First robotic surgery instruction at Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, UK (Robot Surgery Training Center in Europe) and surgery in Europe through BBC.
- Treatment outcome
- Awarded as the 1st Class hospital with a low mortality rate for colon cancer surgery from The Ministry of Health and Welfare, Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service, Awarded as the 1st Class hospital for colorectal cancer adequacy from Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service. Host events for patients. Hold the colon cancer day twice a year. Opened a course for coping with colorectal cancer and to provide correct knowledge. Hold Patient education three times a week. Provide lectures on contents on the whole operation, and nutrition management after chemotherapy surgery. Hold a self-help group for colon cancer patients once a year. Opened psychological and social treatment courses through an 8-week program. Hold gastrointestinal cancer prevention campaigns for citizens for free.
|Faculty name||Field of treatment||Remarks|
|Gyu-Seog Choi||Colon cancer, rectal cancer, laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery|
|Park Junseok||Colon cancer, rectal cancer, laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery|
|Soo Yeun Park||Colon cancer, rectal cancer, laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery|
|Kim Hyejin||Colon cancer, rectal cancer, laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery|
|Sung Min Lee||Benign colon, rectal disease, laparoscopic surgery, benign anal disease|
|Chun Seongwoo||Stomach cancer, colon cancer, gastric tumor, colon tumor, esophageal disease, indigestion, inflammatory bowel disease|
|Lee Hyunseok||Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis) clinic, small bowel 3D capsule endoscopy, colorectal cancer, colorectal stent, colorectal diagnostic endoscopy, colorectal therapeutic endoscopy, colorectal endoscopic polypectomy, colonoscopy|
|Kwon Yongman||Digestive functional motor disease, colon tumor, inflammatory growth disease, diagnosis and treatment endoscopy, ultrasound endoscopy|
|Nam Sooyeon||Gastric cancer, gastric tumor, esophageal cancer, esophageal disease, digestive functional exercise disease|
|Lee Junseop||Early colorectal cancer, inflammatory growth disease (ulcerative colitis/Crohn's disease), early gastric cancer, treatment endoscopy, gastrointestinal diseases|