Medical Treatment Form
Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Introduction of department
- The official name of the department of Otorhinolaryngology is Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, which consists of three departments, including Otology/Rhinology/Head & Neck Surgery. We treat the ears, nose, head, and neck.
- Otology, which deals with the ear, treats otitis media, dizziness, tinnitus, and facial paralysis, and helps hearing rehabilitation through various methods such as cochlear implant and implantable hearing aid surgery, as well as hearing aid treatment for patients with hearing loss. We also perform endoscopic ear surgery, which reduces operation time and pain compared to conventional microscopic surgery.
- Rhinology, which deals with the nose, treats sinusitis, rhinitis, tonsil diseases and provides non-surgical treatments such as positive airway pressure and oral devices and surgical treatment in patients with snoring and sleep apnea. Rhinoplasty to improve the nose's shape is performed, and treatment to remove the skull base tumor in cooperation with a neurosurgeon is also performed.
- Head and Neck Surgery, which treats diseases of the head and neck, perform medical and surgical treatment for tumors in the oral cavity, pharynx, larynx, thyroid gland and salivary glands and also provides treatment for upper airway diseases. And The Voice clinic, opened every Wednesday, provides a solution to problems about voice and speech disorders.
- The otorhinolaryngology department of Kyungpook National University Chilgok Hospital is devoted to treatment and research by a total of 5 faculty members and clinical instructors in 3 departments. Also, doctors, nursing, health care, and office staff are working to resolve patients' inconveniences.
- We treat otolaryngology diseases in the local community to the highest level in Korea, and we will keep doing our best to become world-class.
|Faculty name||Field of treatment||Remarks|
|Sohn, Jinho||Head and neck disease, thyroid and head and neck tumors, voice disorders, airway stenosis|
|Heo, Seongje||Narcissus-snoring, sleep apnea, stuffy nose, sinusitis (sinusitis), rhinitis, tonsil disease, rhinoplasty, brain basal tumor|
|Yoo, Myunghoon||Science-Hearing loss, dizziness, ear endoscopic surgery, hearing rehabilitation (implantable hearing aid, artificial cochlear implant, hearing aid), otitis media, facial paralysis, tinnitus|
|Lee, Giljoon||Head and Neck diseases (Malignancy, benign tumors, Voice disorders, laryngotracheal diseases), thyroid tumors|
|Cha, Eunjoo||Rhinology (sinusitis, rhinitis, tonsillitis, septal deviation)|